Monday, November 5, 2012

Life Lessons


This has been an amazing week of life lessons. I dislocated my shoulder on Saturday. We had a FHE from Elder Uchdorf's talk at conference about regrets on Sunday. I had a deep discussion with my eldest about testimony on Sunday as well. I came away from my weekend with a completely different perspective on my family, my problems, my life.

Saturday morning started off as a quiet day to relax, which is rare in my house. There is usually some sport or scout activity to contend with. I decided to take the dogs on a walk and let the girls play down at the school for a minute. I pushed Sofi a little too high on the swings and I saw that she was going to fall, so I jumped in to save her. Instead, she still went down and I went with her. I would say it was the most painful thing I have ever expereinced, but then I remember that I have given birth and had a kidney stone. But it is definitely in the top 3.

After an ambulance ride, and being knocked out to re-set the shoulder, I am expecting a HUGE bill. Now, my first intinct was to dispair. I am trying to do so much financially right now. But then I felt peace. Elder Uchdorf talked a lot about not living life in dispair but to enjoy every moment. Look for the good. Don't worry becasue the problems will always be there. And to refocus on family, on my coventants, on my faith. To not just decide to do something, but to do it. I needed this lesson. Just wish it didn't involve so much pain!

No comments: