Sunday, September 2, 2012

Frozen in time

After a day of pure exhaustion, we made it to Oregon. I was really impressed at the ease of our flight, but the rest of the day involved a lot of waiting and a VERY cranky baby. I can only imagine how the flight home is going to go, when our flight leaves at 6 am. Here is the shot I got of the kids before we took off. Yes Robb, I should have had them close the window shade. I don't think of things like that.


My son Aaron is 12. I can't believe it! When we left Oregon last time, he was 2. Where did the time go? I can't believe what a remarkable young man he has become. Robb and I were joking that we should have named him Robby; he is so much like his dad. He is very athletic (football, basketball and track) and seems to be good at everything he does naturally. He also has his daddy's brain, which makes him a little bit of a smarty pants. I certainly don't comprehend things like they do..

We went to a place called Oaks Amusement park, which is like a permanent fair. If you want to know what kind of child Aaron is, just look at this photo:


What other 12 year old boy would be caught dead on a carousel ride? He did it to make his baby sister happy. And mom can use the photo later on as blackmail. How great is that?

I am so proud of all my children. We are sharing one of those rare moments when life can slow down a bit and we can just enjoy each other. A dream state. We laugh together, we play together and everyone is getting along. I imagine part of that is due to the fact that the older two always have plugs in their ears and their eyes on a screen, but trips aren't like they were when I was growing up. The trip isn't part of the fun, it's just a means to get there. But I'll take what I can get. I needed this trip for my sanity. To step away and just enjoy the view.




No comments: